• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

715 with 6BT cooling fan options

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a flex fan? They move a buttload of air and flatten out as the rpm goes up. I have one on a car I have and it made a huge difference compared to the old clutch fan. Just my .02 cents.

Mark

How about a flex fan? They move a buttload of air and flatten out as the rpm goes up. I have one on a car I have and it made a huge difference compared to the old clutch fan. Just my .02 cents.

Mark
There is no room between the engine and radiator for the stock fan.. most people who have done this swap use a electric fan.. I didn’t do the swap i purchased it un finished..

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have a pic of the engine bay? How close is the water pump to the radiator? Love that motor BTW. Tell us more about the swap.

Mark

Have a pic of the engine bay? How close is the water pump to the radiator? Love that motor BTW. Tell us more about the swap.

Mark.
I got this project the way it is. It Already had the engine in it.. IM trying to finish it over time or swap for a converted M37 with V8. Engine but no one has been interested to trade.. . It runs very very well.. i have always favored the M37 but this came along and was hard to pass it up.

Attachments

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know from tge pics you just "Might" have enough room for a flex fan and it just bolts up to the water pump without the clutch setup. Just a thought.

Mark

819cnCLUS9L.jpg

61n1kB2EBzL.jpg

Barrman

I put a 1993 6BT with the stock fan and fan clutch attached into a M715. I moved the radiator which looked just like yours forward about 1/2 inch. I notched the front valence to do this.

There was a guy on the M715 zone from your part of the country that did several 6BT conversions to different M715 trucks. He even built a twin rear axle truck. All of his had the stock fan and fan clutch as well.

Turbo diesel engines need lots and lots of air flow. I don’t think there are electric fans out there that can equal an engine driven fan. I would suggest you try and keep a belt driven fan.

I put a 1993 6BT with the stock fan and fan clutch attached into a M715. I moved the radiator which looked just like yours forward about 1/2 inch. I notched the front valence to do this.

There was a guy on the M715 zone from your part of the country that did several 6BT conversions to different M715 trucks. He even built a twin rear axle truck. All of his had the stock fan and fan clutch as well.

Turbo diesel engines need lots and lots of air flow. I don’t think there are electric fans out there that can equal an engine driven fan. I would suggest you try and keep a belt driven fan.
I would like to get a clutch fan on it.. thank you

MarkM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They make left hand adaptor to go from the clutch hub mount to a belt driven flex fan setup. It installs on the threads.

Mark

61Msl3TJsfL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks