• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

73 35A2 Died

dmcqueen

Hey Folks,

New at this, got a 73 M35A2 a couple of years ago. Love it. Batteries were running down. Broke them apart and put the charger on each for a couple of hours each. Started and ran fine. Went back a week later Air buzzer came on as normal she turned over and quickly everything was dead. Thout it was the batts that finally died. Got new ones. Still don't even have the buzzer, lights, and guages won't move. Have looked for fuse/breaker box to start there. Isn't one that jumps out at me. Can you give me some adivce on where to start.

Thanks
Dale

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only fuse is on the fuel pump. Check your battery cables, especially the ground.

Flyingvan911

Also check the regulator on the back of the alternator. I've heard/read from other members that if the regulator is bad it can let the batteries run down. This isn't first hand experience, just passing it along.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, The grounds run up behind the passenger seat somewhere right ?
The cables that go up behind the passenger seat are for the slave receptacle.

I don't know what your power problem is. It could be a number of things. Time to break out the multimeter, start at the batteries, and follow the current path until you find the fault. Also check all your grounds really well.

dmcqueen

Hey,

Thanks. After some checking it was the jumper cable that goes from one bat to the other. It was loose where it bolts to the terminal connection. Have been very recluctant to change paint. The camo it looks good, but like one of you have said... It was painted with a mop and finished with a broom. Have been sanding on the cab off & on for a bout a month to get the brush marks out. Am going to research and repaint back good ole army green. Thanks again for the help.