• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8" headlight or spotlight housing

JasonS

Anybody know a source for 8 inch headlight/ spotlight housings? I bought a pair of Q4559 600W aircraft landing bulbs cheap on ebay and would like to put them on my deuce. Identical to a regular 7 inch sealed beam headlight just one inch larger and ten times the output.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any source found for that light bulb.. i have a large housing thinking its 15 inches wide. just iike one on a ship. it takes a base that is just like a regular household 75w or so . i am looking for a really big bulb to use on it. thinking 110v and use it in back yard. so if you find a company that sells really big lights then maybe they sell what i am looking for ThanksTim

JasonS

any source found for that light bulb.. i have a large housing thinking its 15 inches wide. just iike one on a ship. it takes a base that is just like a regular household 75w or so . i am looking for a really big bulb to use on it. thinking 110v and use it in back yard. so if you find a company that sells really big lights then maybe they sell what i am looking for ThanksTim
I THINK that you can get a 300W bulb in an edison base. It may have been a mogul base. These would be used on the old pole lights.

AN/ARC186

Sylvania makes several high wattage medium base bulbs, they also have them in mogul base as well, We used to use them on our portable worklights, they were 120 volt 1800 watt lamps, check out their online catalog.