• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

802 / 803 fuel tank removal

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
well i remember there were some questions quite a while age about tank removal. really there should never be a reason to remove the tank, the fittings are not made in the tank, but are expanding rubber plugs that are easily replaceable from outside. however i needed to remove the radiator end housing to repair the bent metal so i can say that it can be done. the trick is to know how and what not to take off!! after removing the top cover, remove the rad and the tank access cover. then remove the tank filler assy, the aux pump and pipe, and the wiring. do not remove the diagonal line of screws from the outside on the sides, do not remove the triangular bracket that hold the tank down. remove screws below where rad was, 2 on each side into filler below doors, and on both sides through base and it will just lift off. total time about 2 hours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks