• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

809 series 5 ton

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes, your seals on the ip input may have taken a dump, or a injector sealing ring is bad, I would look at the ip first

dad of 4

i should have mentioned ,i had a rebuild outfit put new seals in the injector pump,how so i get to the crossover tubes to check orings/seals ,please remember i am new to this .

dad of 4

when i start engine ,it usually runs a few seconds then dies,kind of hard to restart. then engine lopes from about 450 -550 rpm,stomp on the fuel and it takes a few seconds to rev up

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Two issues 1 is SUCKING AIR, 2 = can not be the crossovers, there is no connection for the fuel to leak into the oil, if bad the fuel will leak between the heads, if it is not the ip (just because it was rebuild does NOT mean it is not leaking though the input seal), start LOOKING at the injector sealing rings. pull the valve covers and look for fuel.

ALSO how about NOT posting as though you are texting, it is even in the rules.

dad of 4

have been working on my 5 ton. i found the fuel line that was bad and replaced it ,so no more sucking air,, i got some of that dye that you put in the fuel and found 2 injectors that are leaking fuel ,now how do i go about getting them out?? do i have to take the head off ??? i have been told that i can take the adjusting screw loose and move the push rod to one side ,rotate the rocker arm out of the way,,thought i had better ask you all before i try,,thanks for the help..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks