• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

809 series owners, radiator question

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would anyone be able to help me out a bit? I've searched a bit, but I haven't been able to find the info I'm looking for. I need the actual dimensions of the 800 series radiator. I've ran into a bit of a snag on my M931/MK48 project when it comes to the radiator. I think perhaps a 800 series will work in place of it though. Also if someone could post pics of the radiator inlet and outlets. I've been studying the TM's and I see it's ports line up like I need to. I just have some question about the lower port. It appears to have a 45* angle on it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does this help?

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's the same pic I was looking at in the TM, wanted to see a real life pic mainly of that lower port. And most importantly, measurements.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2.5 feet of snow in the last 2 days. The TM is the best I have to offer right now.

Those pics Joe posted in GA, with green grass almost made me sick.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok I did a little google image search-foo and confirmed the 45* bend. I still believe this will be workable.

radiator2.jpg

Just need the measurements. I guess tomorrow I can go to CSI and see if they might do a little bartering with my 931 radiator for a 809 series.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ok I did a little google image search-foo and confirmed the 45* bend. I still believe this will be workable.

View attachment 417541

Just need the measurements. I guess tomorrow I can go to CSI and see if they might do a little bartering with my 931 radiator for a 809 series.

So are you having cooling troubles now that you've added a second fuel line to your truck? I thought it added a little power, not a LOT! I wonder if my deuce would benefit from a second fuel line. Drew, your the man!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No I'm not having "cooling" problems. The problem I'm having is that the 931 radiator will not work flipped 90* for my M931/MK48 project. Like I noted in my first post.