• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

815A Gen Issue

phisherman

Good afternoon

I have a 815A Gen that has the following issue and am looking for assistance in diagnosing if possible. The engine runs fine operates as expected. The Generator portion however is giving me a fit. The issue is as follows. Once the engine has started and I engage the generator itself, via the Master Switch, the voltage gauge will show 110 or 220 volts, which ever I choose through the AM/VM knob. However I have NO hertz readings on my guage. The UNDER VOLTAGE LAMP will illuminate also and stay on until i power down the unit. I had a spare under voltage over voltage relay on hand so i went ahead and swapped it out. Of course I am assuming that the relay is good also. The problem is still present. When the gen powers down, by me rotating the Master Switch to the off position, as the RPM'S drop the hertz gauge will "spike" all the way to the 412 reading on the gauge for a split second and then go back down to 388 reading while the engine finishes winding down from running. There is no voltage readings at the lugs nor is there a voltage reading conveince plugs.

A side note, I did have to replace the GCU to get the engine running.

I have traced enough wiring to the point i feel comfortable that the wiring is correct. Did I trace 100% of the wiring, no. More than 60%, yes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully
Eddie
Fort Bragg NC

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks