• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 hoist repair

Crash_AF

My 816 has a leak around the shaft of the hoist winch hydraulic motor. I looked in the TMs but can only find how to remove the motor, but nothing about how to disassemble it and replace the seal.

Is there a separate TM for the crane?

Thanks,
Joe

Gamagoat1

The motors and pumps are real easy to work on and the seals are O'rings. They are covered in the M543A2 manuals. Seems they left out all the hydraulic repair info when they build the 800 series. The manual covers a lot of stuff we need on the 816.
TM9-2320-211-35 page 462 shows a complete breakdown. I have one on the bench now waiting for O'rings. The problem seems to be that water sets between the o'ring and shaft and pits it letting it leak. the shaft can be polished and a little fatter o'ring will seal it. If it's too bad a sleave can be fitted.

5tonpuller

Mine had what they call onion paper in it. Really thin paper used as a gasket and spacer. Shinny magazine pagers work well for this. If it did not have any leave it that way. The clearance is very tight in that kinda stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks