• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

816 vs 817 actual mpg and range?

kindapointless

Hi all I am looking at 2 types of trucks now the wrecker and the dumper and am wondering abot the actual mpg of each. I need to know because both trucks are a good distance from me and i was working out how much it would be to drive them home. I figured 816 would be worse then the dumper because of wieght. Also i know wrecker is dual tanks but the 817 is listed as having a single 81 gal on left side but others i see listed as having dual 50 gals is this right?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plan on 4.65 mpg.

Fuel capacity,mileage and fuel rate is all covered in the TMs. And in many threads here already.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all I am looking at 2 types of trucks now the wrecker and the dumper and am wondering abot the actual mpg of each. I need to know because both trucks are a good distance from me and i was working out how much it would be to drive them home. I figured 816 would be worse then the dumper because of wieght. Also i know wrecker is dual tanks but the 817 is listed as having a single 81 gal on left side but others i see listed as having dual 50 gals is this right?
Over a 4 day period I used 420 gal. to travel 2,679 miles towing a load of 4.5 tons with my XM818,(included passing through the Rockies, do the math).

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on the type of driving and load... My M814 (25k on the hoof) gets 6 or so on the open road- I have a range of 360 miles before I "HAVE TO" stop and refuel. Same truck in town, or any type of stop and go driving, 5 miles a gallon..........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks