• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

819 Out Playing

beaubeau

Break in the Ice!

:driver: Hi Dave. When I first saw the 819 in the Ice Pond!?, I thought U had fallen through the ice in a pond! I have Recovered Vehicles that have broked through the ice at different Lakes and or ponds. It takes some doing to Pull a vehicle from a lake with another vehicle! First take into consideration the ice is slippery :cookoo: ,it is Weak because vehicle already went through, and the Vehicle in most cases must be Lifted and pulled at the same time!This week end is the Big Fishing Derby on Lake Winnipasaukee and its a good place to have Rescue Equipment for Recoveries!. Being in Michigan, have U had to do any Recovery from Frozen Lakes?? Nice Pics. Good Luck, Phil

beau- over the years i have been involved in many vehicle recoverys from the lakes. both partial submersions and off the bottom. the ice pics that i have above are in my sand pit. i was just goofing around (as always) and felt like busting some ice. the pure weight of the thing made the ice just explode, and when it did there was pieces and chunks flying everywhere! FsBruva would have been proud! Heres a shot of the vehicle he used to drive thru ice. this was taken on commissioning day.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks