• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

85 civilian injectors and cucv injectors the same??

jimm1009

There are short and long injectors.
You have to find out what you have and then get the correct length plus thell them that it is military fuel pressure and they should be able to handle that.
jimm1009

allrevup

Originally I think there was a difference, more to do about harden tips injectors and IP internal parts, then about flow rates. The '84-'87 CUCV use the long injector with the fine treads
However there were at least 2 different IP pumps model #' for the CUCV series(?) if I remember correctly, but I am not sure of the difference as other treads appearer to use effectively what ever 12v. IP is available for '84-'87 " J" code engines.

the post was in Diesel place, the harden parts are for with standing the thiner artic fuel mix and dirty fuel sources

Last edited:

dstang97

you got long and short, coarse and fine thread. Dont quote me but i think 1983 had coarse and 84+ had long and fine. 6.5 injectors work also.