• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 1008 injection pump part number check

scottodog

Does any one know if a DB2 5149 injection pump will work on a 86 6.2? I have a chance to pick a new one up for 300. I had a bad surging problem but it was fixed by changing the lift pump last night. The fuel pump arm pin bushing was half gone. Best 18 bucks I've spent runs way better but would like to get the injection pump if it will work. Thanks Scott

Wolf.Dose

The injection pump is a DB28 (Distribution 2 Pistons, 8 cylinder) as far as I remember, the version number starts with 4 (thousand). 5(thousand) may be the 6.5 l Version, but Im not shure about that.
More you find in TM 9-2815-237-34P as of 10/1985.
The injection pump is identical exept the govener control cover, fig 17 no 16 page 17-1
Wolf
This manual states it is a DDA engine, which is Detroit Diesel Alison.

southdave

I have a couple of DB2 pumps NIB as long as it mounts up it will run the truck IMHO, I just gave one to a friend to install on his 7.3 powerstroke. I have been told that they are identical save for the mounting. BTW be mindful there is DB2 pump that is set up to be a fuel mizer, that is govern at 2600 rpm mostly installed in Grumman trucks and such. PS I have db2 for Humvee 6.5 on my civy 6.2

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks