• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

86 M998 Starting Issue

Crig

When I flip the ignition switch to the “Start” position, the truck starts up but when the switch is released back to “Run” the truck shuts down. If I hold the switch in “Start” position the truck will run for however long I hold the switch there and the starter will keep engaging the flywheel.
I had the starter looked at and just upgraded the start box to a Camotek so both of those are good.
My glow plug wait light stopped lighting up as well so plugs are next on the list to check/replace but what else should I look for?

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Lots of questions and what if's... was the military SRS switch replaced or mis-wired? Is this one of those after market "Key" jobs? A little more history / detail is helpful.

Hello, Not sure who we have based on the user name... Using a Camotek product, we are here to help you work thru the start issues. Just a phone call away. Give us a call in California at your convenience. It what we do for our customers. CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks