• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

87’ M923a2 wheel configuration questions

Lantzj22

Good morning everyone! My buddy and I own a matching set of M923a2’s and just acquired 6 16.00r20s on HEMMT rims. Now we need 8 more to have a full set and spares.
My Questions: will the HEMMT rims mount straight onto the truck (deleting CTIS when doing this) ? If they don’t, what needs to be done? I read possible new lug nuts?
2) Will the tire/rims I posted for sale from eastern surplus fit the truck? I know it says MRAP style just curious if they actually are and if they’ll fit. If they won’t would we be able to run the 16.00r20s on the rims we have?
I’ve posted a screenshot of the trucks, the current 14.00r20s on there, the HEMMT wheels acquired, and the wheels/rims we may purchase to get us to a full set each.
Thank you all very much!

Attachments

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The wheels/ hubs on your truck have a bolt pattern of 10 on 11.25" and the lug nut holes are chamfered. Same goes for the HEMTT wheels.

So, the A. to Q 1: Yes, the HEMMTs will mount on your hubs and using the stock lug nuts. Only issue is, HEMTT wheels have a center that is 3/4" thick, vs. the stock 5-ton wheels with only 1/2". So, for the front hub you should get longer studs. Rears are long enough.

A. 2: Those tires will fit on the HEMTT wheels, and also on your stock wheels. But those MRAP rims are useless, in your case. Their bolt pattern is 10 on 335mm (straight 26mm holes) and the pilot hole measures 281mm (vs. 222.25mm on yours and HEMTTs)

I’ve posted a screenshot of the trucks, the current 14.00r20s on there, the HEMMT wheels acquired......
I don't see any HEMTT wheels in your pics.... (??)
FWIW, the wheels in pic #4 are 12-bolt steel MRAP/ MTVR, identical to those in pic #3.

See the dimensions of the different wheels, here.....