• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

882 Im looking at

Rich Johnson

Ok so here is the 882 I am looking at buying.
Hes asking 1,850 and he seems pretty firm on it.
Note all the rust spots I photoed.
I got a quote of about 1,600 to repair whats in the photos.

The truck has a bad ignition switch, so it has a button and switch wired up.
New radiator, new brakes, new tires, 3 cargo covers, radio rack for rear, antennas, bunch of extra parts.

It has blackout lights, but no 3 lever switch.
24v system but batteries missing and 60amp alternator unwired.

Attachments

Last edited:

N1265

If there are no mechanical issues, then that truck is worth what he is asking. However the $1,600 to repair the rust shown is way to much, you can do it yourself for under $200.

Remember, the bodywork does not have to be perfect on these MV's because the flat paint will hide a lot of it.

Rich Johnson

Taht body shop did my M38a1 wich needed lots of work for 600, but now I think he was being liberal since I showed him pictures and not the truck.
It was 200 for each hole in the door and fender and 400 each for the roof corners, (which worry me the most) all at 50 bucks an hour.

I do not have the skills to do this. I have only played around with oxy accetelne rigs on little things. nothing as important as this.

I would only be able to do POR15 and bondo the hole up.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That rust on the cab corners is just the tip of the iceberg. Once you get to poking the sheet steel that holds the windshield in will be in disasterous shape. This is all very difficult to fix. My first cab rusted out there, so i bought a second rust free cab and blasted and zinc chromate primed the entire cab. Well guess what, 10 years later, that cab has rusted out again in the same spot from the inside out, where paint could not be applied under the steel headliner. Now I bought a 3rd rust free truck from New Mexico, this time I will keep it in the garage.

Rich Johnson

Very encouraging.
I was told by a fella that owns the local jeep shop that started off selling surplus jeeps way back when, this type of Dodge truck will run forever, long after the body rusts and falls away.
I think now I undterstand what he meant.

Crash_AF

I think the fronts are just wider than the rears, but yea, it's important on an M880 to have all 4 tires the same since it's full time 4wd.

The 3 Lever switch should be on the right side of the IP, to the right of where the radio would be. It might just be shoved behind the dash and the new bezel bolted over it. That's where I found a couple of them when looking at 880s.

Later,
Joe