• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 series 5 ton Engine which is better

M1075

Probably depends on how you define better. Are you talking just engines or the whole truck? I would take the 8.3 because that truck will me more fuel efficient, good torque, super singles, CTIS and will probably be newer. Who thinks the A2 is not the preferred (better?) truck?

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess that is my question. Is the A2 faster or ??? pros and cons of both. Why would you choose one over the other..

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A1's are faster, and dont have the CTIS headache... CTIS is cool until it stops working, which is more often than not...

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BKubu has owned/owns the most A2's of anyone I know, so hopefully he'll chime in, but top speed-wise, the A1 & A2 are equal. I think the A2's probably out-accelerate the others since they weigh less and have more torque. They sure feel peppy for a big truck! And they feel faster than a straight 900 or an A1 to me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've owned several M939 series trucks (M936A2, M932A2, M929A1, M928A1, M932) and currently own a few more (two M925A2s and an M929) so I have experience with both motors. While I love the NHC250, I prefer the 6CTA 8.3L motor. The 6CTA just seems more snappy and it sure is much quieter. For those of you familiar with a Duramax, the motor is almost that quiet. Let's just say that no hearing protection is needed and you can talk on the cell phone at highway speeds. I would never turn down a clean M939/M939A1, but, all things being equal, I'd take an M939A2 over the others. With that said, I think you will have more luck finding one of the older trucks...and, as EMMADO22 said, the CTIS can be a nightmare. I have found that the NG frequently just plug the CTIS off, but leaves everything in place so it looks correct if inspections are conducted by the brass. One of my M925A2s is that way...