• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

900 Series Marker Light Issues

hawk-aggie

We have two 900 series 5-ton trucks with the same issue. Front turn signals didn't work on both. neither did the parking/marker lights. Every other light works - headlights, tail lights, side markers, black outs. Fiddled with the dump truck some. Didn't really do anything and presto the turn signals started working, but the marker lights didn't. On our wrecker, I removed the combination light assemblies and bead blasted the rust off all the metal inside. Checked power to the light assembly connectors - blackout ok, turn signal ??, marker light was a no go. Checked continuity of the wires in the light assembly - all ok. Put everything back together. The blackouts work, and now so do the turn signals. The marker lights do not.

So, what's weird is that both trucks have the same issue - only the front marker lights don't work. When I checked for power to those sockets, the digital meter I was using looked like it measured mV rather than V.

Any one else have the same issue? How did you fix it?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
They don’t turn on with the headlights unless you do a wiring mod. Do they turn on with the lower left lever on the light switch set to “Park”?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks