• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

915 converted to farm semi

bushton4

_20150228_181955.jpg_20150228_182054.jpgIMG_20150226_115800862_HDR.jpg

3500 mile truck out of Nellis with a/c. Mounted some NEW 395/85R20 on the rear and NEW 11.00R20's up front. Had to mod the 1/2 fenders and the mud flaps. Pulled the rear cab insulation due to rodent damage, replaced it with a dozen cans of spandy foam and hardy cement siding to cover up the rear bulk head. LED head lights and moved the air ride seat back 3" to ease access getting in the cab. Mounted another step on the fuel tank. Need to add the radio and a couple of convex mirror's and I am ready to roll. Top end went from 61mph to 70mph with the tire change. Gonna be an everyday truck hauling grain on the farm. Will look real hard at putting a wet kit on it this summer some time for pulling my end dump. Thinking about getting a tri color camo paint job overlaid on the O.D. Green stock paint. Lots of oilfield blast and paint shops looking for work in these parts. Gonna paint the grain trailer to match it if I go ahead with the tri color idea.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great! I just finished my GSS air-ride seat install in my M915A1 today and plan to go the same route as you with the 395 tires. Radio is last on the list but looking like a necessity at this point. :whistle: Post more pics as you go!

tbar123

Sharp looking truck! Have you checked the fifth wheel for proper function? The reason I ask is I drove an older frieghtliner, That when you uncoupled the teeth would latch for whatever reason and you had to pull the pin and manually unlock the teeth with a prybar. I think that truck sat for sometime. So I put that as the reason the fifth wheel needed replaced.