• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

920/916/915 electrical relay, breakers, etc. upgrade

Hammer

My M920 electrical is in need of repair.
And when I repair, I like to UPGRADE.
My starter relay is a bit funky. My circuit breakers are rusty. And my relays are pretty nasty looking.
I also need to replace the ignition switch.

I saw a picture of someone else's dash that was open, and it looked FAR nicer than mine.
It also looked like it must have been a newer version truck, cause it was a slightly different format.
I want a HD starter relay, something with 200 amp (or more) intermittent instead of 100 amp.
I was also thinking of putting in a HD 12v Bus bar for electrical add ons.

I was running a 400 want inverter to power christmas lights for a parade and melted a couple wires, and really made me question the quality of parts used.

Has anyone rebuilt their electrical items in the dash?
And like I said, I would like to UPGRADE instead of just replace with stock/standard.

Hammer

The stock starter relay. Stock Relay
Not bad for price, but would like a heavier duty setup.
Something like this might be a better option. 200 amp relay

These Relays would probably do just fine for the relay portion.

I think I would like a better circuit breaker panel though. I would like something a little more polished looking.

Hammer

Nah, I just upgraded and got a better M920... lol
Honestly, I still want to redo the electrics, but the truck I have now is in great condition.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks