• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

920 recovery out of Nellis

Bearpaws

M920 recovery went better than expected from Nellis. Quick look over and fluid check. Batterys and cables were in bad shape with 05 date. Turned the PT pump on manual and jumped with the help of the GL fellow. She came to life. With low tires and a snort of fuel left in her we drove it two miles to the Petro truck stop where me and my helper started the prepping for the 400 mile trip to the ranch. The batterys were done so a expensive trip to the Interstate store fixed that. The engine is a new Cummins Reman. The oil never changed color by the time we got home. The trans shifted great. Had a rebuild tag from Polk. Rebuilt Radiator, new air drier. new brakes with very clean oils in all the boxes. All the lights worked except the guages worked intermittent. The truck had been greased. Checked adjustment of the brakes.Aired the tires and fresh tank of fuel with a shot of fuel additive . The trans worked great. Had it figured out before we left Vegas. Note: Not friendly in rush hour traffic in Phoenix. Centrifugal cluthes were tough with stop and go traffic. Had to stop at the scale house in Kingman Az. After a hour of questions about how I was going to use the truck I ended up with a $145.00 permit to get her to the ranch. DOT must be broke and they tried to get me for more than that. Other than a loose p/s cooler hose the truck ran good. The truck has a siren and red lights on the cab. Not sure what it was used for before but better get the lights changed to amber before I end up with a ticket. Sure is a big truck. Will be moving dozers and such around cattle ranches here in Arizona. Adios

Attachments

R Racing

Love the 2nd picture. I have tried to convay to my friends who haven't seen my M920 how tall they really are but this picture is worth a 1000 words to me !! LOL :mrgreen:

Bearpaws

Love the 2nd picture. I have tried to convay to my friends who haven't seen my M920 how tall they really are but this picture is worth a 1000 words to me !! LOL :mrgreen:
Yes it's hard to realize how big this truck is till you see it in person. Sitting next to my Autocar I started comparing frame size,axles, fifth wheel, drivelines etc. WOW!! What a truck! Can't wait to use her.