• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

923 Duals vs 923A1

neube56

New to the site and love it. Great info.

Does anyone know why the 923 has duals but the 923A1 and 923A2 are a single? Is it tire loading with the old bias tires?

Thanks

RetiredNavy

If I were to take an educated guess, the A1 and A2 were upgrades from the standard M923. In snow or any season, I would prefer duals vice singles. Because if you get a flat tire with duals, you can limp to the nearest tire place. With singles, your dead in the water wherever your at. I drive a 2009 Cascadia for my company and really dislike the super singles. My two cents gents!

AK47

The super single tires and ctis, along with the 8.3 cummins are on my 923a2. I bought a used one last year and am making a dump truck out of it. The 1400 x 20" tires have been great!. I picked up a few spares just in case. I have had dual tires on other trucks in the past, and the super single tires are tougher so far, and offer allot more ground clearance. I wanted the ground clearance to drive up creeks and water crossings. The ctis is allways flashing, this means a problem. I am planning on bypassing the ctis computer and installing a regulator to keep a stady pressure on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks