• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

925 Winch Troubles- Need Help

renovate7

I tried to use the winch for the first time today, because I need it, and it won't work. Got everything set up, including PTO lever in gear, but can't get the forward/reverse lever to work. I followed it under the 925 to where it attaches to a piston/spool going into a valve body on the passengers side. I've tried tapping the spool in and prying it out but can't get any movement in it at all. I'd don't think it is a problem with the cable/ housing from the lever to this valve as the valve spool itself won't budge. Also, how much travel should there be in the engage/disengage lever on the winch itself. Mine only seems to move about 3/8" of an inch after lifting the safety piece. Any help greatly appreciated.

renovate7

Final outcome- Found the spool stuck tight in the valve body. No amount of pushing or pulling on the control lever in the cab would budge it. I disconnected the cable/yoke and rotated the spool til it freed up. Also found I wasn't moving the engage lever out on the winch enough, literally wasn't using a big enough hammer. Fixed that. I don't think this winch has been used for a looong time. All OK now.

scottgs

Glad to hear you got it worked out. I would have posted, but have no experience with the 925 winch. But, just thinking about it, I think the winch is just like the front wheel drive, diff locks and other (sometimes) seldom used accesories, for which my policy is to always test periodically to keep everything freed up, lubed and reliable. Plus, there's no better way to gain confidence in your equipment and skills than to train like you fight.

Garret

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks