• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

939A2 transfer case solenoid

jayjaytocool

im having trouble shifting my transfer case. Im assuming its because of the button on the handle. i have little power in the cab (they hached the wire harness to pieces) where can i hot wire this button two? what does it do? and how does the air shift work?

Army Ed

if u go under neath you can see the little box with a wheel on it,Thats where the linkage goes.you could always try to manually put it where you want

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jay,
Here's some snippets from the TM showing the wiring for the t-case interlock solenoid. It looks like 585 goes into the switch and 586 comes out of it. Then, 586 runs under the cab to the solenoid on the t-case. You should be able to tap into the harness under the dash at one of the circuit breakers and run a new wire to the t-case handle and then another new wire to the solenoid. That should get it working again. Let me know what you find out.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jason, I don't think he'll respond with pics. I asked for them in another post and never got a response. Perhaps, he does not have any. No worries...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
if u go under neath you can see the little box with a wheel on it,Thats where the linkage goes.you could always try to manually put it where you want
The little box with the lever and wheel on it actuates the air shift front axle automatically when the t-case is shifted into low range. The dash switch allows you to select the front end when in high range.

jayjaytocool

sorry

thanks for the info fellas. i 'll have to check that solinoid wiring when i get a chance that looks like it. been kinda busy being broke near christmas and all. i do have pics but they suck (the hoods in the body shop and the glass is being re done). ohh and no arctic camo yet too cold to paint and cant find anyone who will let me paint it in there heated shop can't say i blame them lol. but f it i'll get some pics out here asap as is.
thanks again
jay