• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where should I mount the crane?

• Front

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Rear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nick

I say front too. THen you have more trailer and overhang if need for a larger or longer load. Put it on the back and you severely limit the size of the load you can carry. Plus then the weight of the crane is over the drivers.

More justification...
It looks to me like the trailer frame is narrower than the truck frame, sitting inside the wheel spread. If you mount it on the back, seems to me like it would be pretty unstable, with some of the weight out over the end of the wheels on the trailer. 2cents

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry to pull it off track, but what kind of trailer/van was it? I was looking in the TMs at some M749/M750 trailer vans, but it listed them weighing about 5K more.

As to the question, front all the way. If you're going to have a bed area on the rear, the crane can assist "dragging" whatever onto the bed easier that way.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Plus the trailer could be loaded from either side or the rear. Dunno how you plan on powering it either. But if you're going to do a wet line from the truck, that's less hose as well.

ODdave

Did the trailer come from who I think it did????

I constantly wish I would have mounted mine on the back of the truck but as said I think it would be far less stable. I wish mine was back there so I had more reach (currently 30ft). Even though the back would be way nicer, Im voting front for saftey.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks