• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple of newbie questions

Tackettr

I finally got my "PAID" invoice and drove down to look over my 2 M-35s to pull PMCS on them. Batterys on both were dead. I had already pulled the batterys on one before the Motor Pool Sargent came by and offered a jump. So with the jump it cranked right up.

Question 1: Is it okay to run them without a battery in it? My concern is that I had intrument indications for sometime as I was checking how the temp and pressures were. Then after about 20 minutes no more indications. Did the altanator drop off-line or did I mess something up?? The conectors did not ground out.

Question 2: When I shut the engine off a puff of white smoke came out of the hood. It came from oil that was spit out of a copper tube running up from the right side of the engine along the firewall and is bent 180 degress back downwards. I was pushing on the brack pedal as I shut it off. What would cause it to spit this oil out?

Thanks up from for any help.

Kevin

tmbrwolf

do NOT run it without batteries, it will damage the alternator (don't ask how I know). the fluid may be brake fluid from the air pack (brake booster), its vented usually to the draft tube, if it's brake fluid it may be an indication of a bad air pack.

Tackettr

Well it was ran about 20 minutes without the battery connected, does this mean certain death to my alternator? Also, I'd like to know more about the "Slobber tube" and Air pack venting brake fluid. Does it only do it when you shut down or while applying the brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks