• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple of questions

cbvet

M813A1 with Cummins. No sticker on tach. What's safe maximum RPM?
1400-20 tires, 151" to 152" circumference. What should vehicle speed be, say in 5th at 2000 RPM?
Can someone tell me the formula for different RPMs?
Okay, that's 3 questions.
But I know you can handle it.
Thanks,
Eric
CBVET

Cdub

Hi Eric,

With the same combo as yourself....except for the trany...I like to keep it under 2100 rpm's......

At 2100 rpm's your speed should be around 62-65 mph, which should be fast enough..

seya,

C'dub

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always been told not to ever go over 2100 or let the engine pull down to under 1200 on a Cummins. Lugging it under 1200 can be as harmfull as going over 2100.

Cdub

50-55 is a real nice cruz'n speed for the my five ton......Tires, steering....and just enough power on reserve for the hills

Over 60 feels like your pushing it a little to much.

Enjoy the spring time and drive'n in the 813.

Cheers,

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks