• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A couple questions, Tailgate, Front Bumper

ICSmoke

I have attached a couple photos. I have been in the process of getting around to restore and paint the M37. The truck on its last journey was a forestry fire rig and it has rub rails down the side and had a after market front bumper (which did not come with the truck). Once I moved the front bumper to the original location I noticed the grille seems a bit short along with quite a gap between the front bumper and grille. I also noticed two extra holes in the frame..... I dont know weather this is the correct front bumper or it had a winch at one time? Am I missing a part/piece?

The tailgate..... Mine had a bed extension and a large rear bumper (4" pipe) but the truck has a piece of angle iron on the back of the bed (see photo) Im not sure if this is factor or not..... If anyone had a photo of a complete tailgate and mounting hardware I would appreciate it!!

Lastly someone added a couple leaf springs to the rear... just curious what the factory number is?

Thank you!!
Ian

Attachments

jollyroger

Correct front bumper and shackle brackets. They could have had something bolted in the bolt hole you show for the brush guard. The lower grille piece is way short for having no winch and I don't have that piece on my truck with the winch. It looks like the angle iron will interfere with the tailgate.

jollyroger

My pics did not load with the last post. With winch, without winch and tailgate. Best i can do at 2 a.m. I needed to take out the garbage anyway. If you need different let me know.

Oh yeah. I have been finding springs with leafs added like that a lot lately. Looks like there were leafs cut to fit and then added to compensate for sag. I can count up the leafs tomorrow and I will look in our TM's. Different variants came with different number of leafs stock.

Attachments

ICSmoke

Thank you!!!!!!!!

I will keep an eye out for a lower grill. Time to get the grinder out and get rid of some metal on the truck.:shock:

Ian

majorhitt

I'll have to look , I may have the lower grill. As you see in pic 7, 8, 9 from jollroger the lower grill is just about 5/8" from the frame. Let me know if you need it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks