• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A digital MEP 802/803 repair and maintenance assistant.

spotrep

Gentlemen!

Im working on training a new gpt to assist users with troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining their 802 and 803.

It needs thorough testing and SHOULD NOT be used as a guide at this point. It has been trained on the TM's. I dont have the knowledge of the TM's at this point to determine if the GPT is reliable.

The only TM's it has been given at this point are 209-6115-642-24-OLD and 209-2815-253-24. To the TM gurus, please tell me if i should remove those tm's in favor of different tm's.

I realize many are hesitant to use AI models. If youre interested in trying this assistant, you can do so here: https://chatgpt.com/g/g-mIYktPYXW-mep-assistant

I would really appreciate feedback to those that test it. Not only on the intelligence of the model, but also on how it "feels". If you like its style.

spotrep

I would love to help test it, but on principle I can't. I hope it turns out to be useful to someone.
Totally understandable. I wish these things didn’t have to be controversial.

It may be helpful to others if you would share what your concerns are and they can determine if this is a project they would be interested in.

Although you won’t test it, you can still be helpful with your suggestions if you have a desire to do so. Of course, I can see how this too would be out of the question considering you’re not willing to test it on principle.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those interested in such things, I would recommend the entirety of the TMs listed for 802s and 803s (genset and engine books). Its a lot of common info between the two frankly. If its something that works 'well' the info for trailer mounted units (power units and power plants) would be a next step.

I think its possible a very good use of a novel technology, but I'll die on that sword before I knowingly help such technology in any way.

Guyfang

Staff member
Gentlemen!

Im working on training a new gpt to assist users with troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining their 802 and 803.

It needs thorough testing and SHOULD NOT be used as a guide at this point. It has been trained on the TM's. I dont have the knowledge of the TM's at this point to determine if the GPT is reliable.

The only TM's it has been given at this point are 209-6115-642-24-OLD and 209-2815-253-24. To the TM gurus, please tell me if i should remove those tm's in favor of different tm's.

I realize many are hesitant to use AI models. If youre interested in trying this assistant, you can do so here: https://chatgpt.com/g/g-mIYktPYXW-mep-assistant

I would really appreciate feedback to those that test it. Not only on the intelligence of the model, but also on how it "feels". If you like its style.

The TM 6115-642-24-Old is, as the title implys, and older version. There is a newer and updated version. BUT, its coded C, and that means we can not upload it to the Forum TM library. I would only upload the MEP-803A TM's. They are in fact, more up to date, than the MEP-802A. There are some small differences between the two sets. Or, if you upload both sets of books, the AI has to be taught that there ARE differences between the two sets.

spotrep

Gentlemen!

The TM 6115-642-24-Old is, as the title implys, and older version. There is a newer and updated version. BUT, its coded C, and that means we can not upload it to the Forum TM library. I would only upload the MEP-803A TM's. They are in fact, more up to date, than the MEP-802A. There are some small differences between the two sets. Or, if you upload both sets of books, the AI has to be taught that there ARE differences between the two sets.
I’ve wondered why is haven’t found 24-NEW! I’m not sure what coded C means. But if it means what I think it does I’d rather not be in possession of it and definitely wouldn’t feed it to AI.
Thanks for your suggestions though. I’ll be sure to train it accordingly. Feel free to give it a try, if you’re willing. If you do let me know. It seems to work decent already for extremely basic queries. It’s really good at indexing the TM’s- so finding topics within the TM’s seem to be a good functionality

Guyfang

Staff member
*TM 9-6115-642-24 dated 15 April 2012 superseded TM 9-6115-642-24 dated 1 September 1993, Including all changes.

DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT C. Distribution authorized to U.S. Government agencies and their contractors for administrative or operational use as determined on 15 April 2012. Other requests for this document shall be referred to Commander, U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command, 6001 Combat Drive, ATTN: AMSEL-LCL-ECM, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-1846.

DESTRUCTION NOTICE - Destroy by any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks