• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a happy new Deuce owner

m35a2kevin

hey guys,
well i just got back from letterkenny,drmo,helping glenn robinson(grobinson2)
get his first duece, he is excited :D I tell you, i dont know what you guys
normally see or look for in a duece, but for the $ he paid,, he got a emaculate
looking truck,, brand new tires, brand new paint,,,, were not talking paint over!
brand new paint job,, bare metal,, ive never seen a truck like this before.
othe then then the seats, and missing fuel gauge,, honestly this truck looks brand new!!
and he got it cheap! very nice truck, ive got pics will post soon
thanks
kevin gibson

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The paint looks good! Underside looks clean, too!

That l/r tire looks like it's barely touching the ground in te first pic. Maybe aired up pretty tight.

Looks good! [thumbzup]

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He did really well with that truck. Let him know his spare is flat...at least it looks that way to me. The last thing you want is to find out that you've got a flat spare when you need it!

grobinson2

THANK YOU!

Hey guys,
I just found this thread as things have been very busy around here. I wanted to first and foremost thank Kevin (m35a2kevin)! What a great guy! He came out to the DRMO drove me over to Memphis Motors to get a missing diesel tank cap and back to the DRMO. He was a HUGE help and really made my self and a good friend of mine (John--See pic) feel much more at east about driving this thing over 100 miles home. We made it home in no time and with out any breaks too. Just kidding but after reading all the post that some of the guys post about guys driving when they are unsure about a truck I had to post that. :) Anyway no everything worked great and it was not a bad drive at all. As mentioned above John (not a member of the boards) was also a HUGE help and drove those 100 miles all the way back home. Some of the driving was city driving (Lancaster City) and he did a wonderful job. Thanks again to both of you for all the help! I will have to take some good pics of the new M35A2 at it's new home. :)

Glenn

Attachments

Capt.Marion

RE: THANK YOU!

Well good, I'm glad that it went well for y'all! Welcome and enjoy your stay, although to be quite honest, I don't see how you couldn't, with such a fine truck and all!

grobinson2

:)

Hey thanks guys! I am hoping we are able to get down to Aberdeen in May how many of you guys will be down there? I have never been down for the show or meet but used to volunteer down there a few years back as a tour guide. I am looking for some things for the M35 like a drop side and a winch. Can you find these types of things down at the show? Also looking for a new drivers side seat.

Thanks again for the kind words,
Glenn

grobinson2

Rough Ride

Well guys I had my first little shit my pants moment in the M35A2 two night ago. I was driving home from a friends house when three of the four bolts came off the joint from the transfer case to the drive shaft. The last bolt was hanging on my only a thread and at 35 miles an hour if you have not experienced the drive shaft almost coming through the floor of your M35 well then you have not lived life to its fullest. Other then some brusing from the high low range lever that smacked into my leg and knee I was fine but damn did it scare the shit out of me. The next day John and I got new bolts, installed them and checked everything else out and thanked God that it had not happened on the way home from LetterKenny the week before while we were driving down 81S. It sure was a blast. hahhaa

Thanks,
Glenn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks