• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A (Hot, Sweaty) Day at Mark's Green Truck Ranch

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have thought about getting one of those dollys to part out.
The air bags interest me since I have thought about an air ride duece or 5 ton. :idea:
Seems like there should some way to make that happen.
Never underestimate the power of a redneck with a cutting torch and welder. :lol:
Any ideas about that from the faithful?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I saw one of those dollies today at Dobins Air Force Base.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
wreckerman893 said:
I have thought about getting one of those dollys to part out.
The air bags interest me since I have thought about an air ride duece or 5 ton. :idea:
Seems like there should some way to make that happen.
Never underestimate the power of a redneck with a cutting torch and welder. :lol:
Any ideas about that from the faithful?
Well, if you come here within the next couple of weeks, take the wheels off the dollies and put the best 11 on my wrecker, then you can have the rest of the dolly remains and leftover wheels for free! rofl

Heck, fix the axle seals on my deuce while you're at it, and I'll throw in a 1.5-ton trailer or three! :jumpin:

But seriously, even though I feel like I'm hemorrhaging money over the home construction project, recent surpluss-related indiscretions and cancer treatments for one of my dogs (prognosis looks good, luckily), I've seriously considered asking here if there are any MV-savvy folks around Riverside who would like to make a few bucks on the side helping me work on my trucks. I just don't have the strength, stamina or gumption to keep up with my fleet, particularly since things seem to fall apart more quickly since they're rotting out in the dusty sun, with generations of rodents nesting inside and nibbling on wiring. Grr. Maybe it'd be worth parting with some cash, extra military gear, etc. in order to watch somebody else fix up my trucks while I drink a cold beer. ;)

FreightTrain

Banned
hmmmmm,Can you pick me up at the train station?Any good deuces comming up for GL bid?Train out,Fix your junk,drive home with goodies!!!!!Seals are easy.Tires are easy with the right tools(Got an air over hydrolic jack and a 1" impact!).I would have to have you drive me to the Kalifornicate boarder since I don't have a CDL and Ain't gonna get one just so I can drive a below Federal CDL requirement truck home cause some idiot wanted to make a few extra millions to give to the crack heads and illegals.

nf6x,
Will you be joining us on the 14th?
http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12873

You are not that far away and we could discuss your dilemma. This time of year is smokin' hot there so you weren't kidding about sweating. Supposed to be in the low 100's this coming week.
My wife is from Riverside - UCR area. What area are you in? Your pictures look to be the Moreno Valley area.

Nice collection by the way.

Hope you can join us

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Yes, I'm planning to visit the MV boneyard! A friend of mine who's not on Steel Soldiers should be meeting us there, too.

I'm just northwest of Lake Mathews. It's too bad there aren't GL sales at nearby March ARB any more. Or maybe it's good, because I have more trucks than money or time now! :)

NEIOWA

nf6x said:
Since the topic of "how hard is it to work on a deuce" just came up, I felt inspired to snap a few pictures and share them after working on my M35A2C today:

http://www.nf6x.net/greentruck/mgtr_070630/mgtr.html

Time for a nap in front of the air conditioner now... :)
Regarding M1022 "turns out that they're all for sea containers which are 6 inches shorter"???? The purpose of a M1022 is to transport seavan/containers.

In your misc biddng, get some surplus camo nets w/support sets. At least you'll have some shade to work under which makes a BIG diff.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
NEIOWA said:
Regarding M1022 "turns out that they're all for sea containers which are 6 inches shorter"???? The purpose of a M1022 is to transport seavan/containers..
Sea containers have been made in at least two different standard heights (8' and 8'6"? I don't remember off the top of my head). The M1022 is made for the shorter ones, and cannot be adjusted for the taller ones. My containers are the taller ones. So, even if my M1022 dollies were 100% complete, they'd still be useless with my three sea containers.

The newer M1022A1 can be adjusted for different container heights, and even has an optional kit for side-lifting containers (i.e., for unloading them from flatbed trailers). My older M1022 dollies aren't so fancy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks