• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Short Road Trip.....

saddamsnightmare

September 22nd, 2010.

Gents:

The Unimog has been doing fairly well here in Illinois until today when it lost fuel feed (gasoline() after filling up. I will be having Mr. Churchill at Eurosports look her over here in Springfield. The trip to bring the M35A2 & M105A2 ended short after blowing the rear main seal, clutch and possibly the transmission (not sure of that last item) 35 miles after setting out from Reno, Texas to begin its move to Springfield, IL on September 1st. The good news is that it was able to limp back to Mr. Weemes Garage in Clarksville, TX, as he is the old Vietnam War deuce mechanic who has taken her under his wing.... I guess she just didn't want to leave his care.... That is the truck that had all the prep work done to get her here, the Unimog was thrown into the move with only an oil change and nothing else, so the Germans are ahead 1 on the moving scoreboard.
I am at Lincoln Home NHS here in Springfield, IL and work from Thursdays to Mondays 0830-1700. If anyone's looking for me my cell phone is
(217)331-8817, but it's generally for emergencies (like the Unimog tantrum).
The deuce has had a lot of repairs and upgrades, so I'll probably have her and the trailer hauled up here once the repairs are done, otherwise the NE Texas guys will get a registered Texas truck cheap......

I'll keep you posted and I should be getting the July move photos on here in short order.... Keep up the good work and thanks for the many members kind wishes and assistances....

Cheers,

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I blame the guy you got your Duece from for selling you a lemon.. :roll: - Jay

P.S. On a serious note, im sorry that the Duece gave you some trouble. Glad you could get it back to a shop that knows them well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks