• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a silly of an open question, main fusebox location?

canadacountry

I know that generally where it was at is best left where its at but if you were to do a total rewire job within existing lamps etc provisions and/or working on a new vehicle completely from the ground up instead, where would you had really put the fusebox yourself? (especially in term of under the hood versus inside the cabin to start with, et.al.)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In general or for a particular vehicle? On my 915 it is right in the dash and although I have not had to do anything with it I kinda like it right there with the door it has. Easy to reach for sure.

canadacountry

in general, and you know I now do think of that inside the cabin does make sense considering who would want to troubleshoot an annoying problem in poor outdoor weather and/or over a quite dirty engine?

(on an offtopic note I had not heard of a 915 beofre so had to look that up now and funny enough the first photos I found made me thinking "is someone trying to make a hush-hush delivery by looking very dull? oh wait that particular grille and the very angular fenders, thats really a military tractor? hmm interesting" in name of https://trucksplanet.com/photo/am_general/m915/m915_5481.jpg )

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hav3 wanted an M915A1 since I drove my buddy's truck back when we recovered it. Stock it rides hard with the Henderson Walking Beam suspension but mine has a MK15 trailer bed on it and it adds weight plus the former owner put an air ride seat in it. The best thing about the truck is that when I pull up next to any of the commercial trucks I am looking down into their cab. :)

I was hoping for boring driving it 500 miles back from Georgia and it was anything but, especially from the smile on my face.

As I'm going through it to fix little things I popped the fasteners so I could look at the circuit breaker panel. I don't think I could flip one driving down the road but soldier "B" could. Not getting out of the cab is a plus but this truck is big so that means everything is farther away if you have to troubleshoot anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks