• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A word on deuce TMs

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure lots of us have TMs on a disc similar to or maybe even one of the comprehensive discs made by rdixiemiller. There's more manuals there than you can read in a lifetime but you don't have to. Remember this for easy reading and finding what you're looking for without scouring 28 TMs. The newest family of TMs for the M44A2 family are the ones with -361- in them. There are 5 total for the whole family of trucks. There are specific rebuild manuals for individual components such as engine, trans, starter and so forth. All the -209- manuals are an older set of manuals and they are broken down into many parts and volumes. The 209s deal with the -A1 trucks as well as some gas stuff. The older 209s have less parts and volumes. Now if you're dealing with the older stuff exclusively, try locating TM 9-8022. You won't be finding it on disc and it usually commands a high price. It's a good manual and is very detailed for a physically smaller manual. I've had a couple of these but since sold them and kept the newer stuff. Since all my stuff is from the M44A2 family I tend to stick with the 361 manuals but if they don't give me satisfaction, I'll head to the 209 series. I'll also say this again, if you guys with the -A2 trucks ever buy a paper manual, get the TM 9-2320-361-20. It has some wonderful pullout schematics for the wiring, air system and brake system. These pullouts are difficult to see in PDF manuals.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 5-ton manuals too, they often add information on things applicable to the 2-1/2 tonners, such as turn signal wiring, personnel heater, tachograph, lights, alcohol evaporator and so on. The favorite manual here would be the TM 9-2320-260-20 (July 1972).

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M36, not an M36A1 or M36A2, but an original with a REO OA331 gasser, what manual has info on the gassers, is it the TM 9-8022? I have been having a devil of a time finding anything. There are a couple of TM on ebay that look old enough but I want to be sure I'm getting the right one befor I shuck out 50 or 75 clams. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

rflegal

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a set for sale on Ebay ORD 7 SNL G-742, ORD 8-9 SNL G-742, would these be useful or are they too old?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure the ORD manuals are parts. The TM 9-8022 would be the perfect manual. The early 209 stuff dated in the 60s has gasser stuff in them too. The current manuals cover lots of stuff on your truck except the correct wiring and the engine. I've got the TM 9-2320-209-20 dated April 1965 and it has gasser stuff. It was a $10 haul on ebay. The 8022 should have 95% of what one needs for the gasser.

Desert Rat

I have the 209-34-2-(1,2,and 3) plus several others just given to me by the Evansville, IN National Guard in unopened condition. These manuals are HEAVY and full of incredible info. Think I scored? I suspect so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks