• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 alternator mount

Monkeyboyarmy

Need some help.Haven't had much luck finding a mount for the 3116 Cat so I am going to make one.Can any of you A3 guys snap a couple of photos of the bottom alternator mount and get a couple of reference dimensions.I have a list of some dimensions that include: over all length 7.810",height 2.170",width 1.750",3/8" thick,2 holes .421" through base,2 nuts welded inside 1/2" holes through ends.I need a dimension from the front of the mount to the first mounting hole in the base and also the distance between the holes in the base.I will slot the holes so there is some adjustment to align the pulley.

JDToumanian

One last possibility before you go through the trouble of making one, if you haven't already tried it, is to Google the NSN number for the part you need. Most likely, you will come up with a supplier... How much they want for the part is another matter!

Jon

Monkeyboyarmy

I realize that there are not too many A3's out there but can anybody with one get a few dimensions for me?I am trying to plan a trip down to Ty's and would like to have most of an alternator mount ready to use.Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks