• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Tranny Issues

Amxhunter

There are a couple of A3's coming up for sale. Bad news is that both trucks have bad trannys and the Inflation system has been deleted off of them.

Both trucks wont go into gear forward , and one only goes in reverse.

The question then becomes , are they worth it ? Not even sure one of the trannys can be repaired ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DUECE-COUPE

The a3 's are good trucks for the improvements that the esp did for them. The cat 3116 is a 250 hp power plant. I think pulling the trans and getting it fixed while you bob it out and make a 4x4 will definatley make it a better truck. If you use a front drive shaft fir the back axle, you will reduce the wheel base to 122" and give you the turning radius of a f350 extended cab dually. The power steering is nice and the drivers seat is like the seats in the upgraded hummers. All in all once the trans issue is corrected, you will have a truck that is worth the money.

I was one of the first units to receive the trucks here in florida and drove it al the way to ft knox and back with out a problem.

I say go for it. If you get it for less than 5000, and don't like it you can part it out and make your money back on the engine, axles and tranfer case. The power steering is worth 1200 to the right guy and the cat is good for 4000 to a truck co.

bottleworks

It's an Allison trans. Buy a manual from them (see their web site). You should be able to buy any parts you need from your local Allison dealer.