• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About 12 hours away from buying my first deuce!!!

mattyboy

i am looking to buy a 1970 AM General WOW 69k miles on truck not sure of rebuild date has whistler drop side extra top has minor surface rust but nothing major. everything works and i can drive it home. asking 4500 made deal for 4000.
it is currently owned by a local church a member donated it for a mission in haiti. didnt realize cant export so here we are. i know without pictures hard to tell but is that a fair price has a line on some super singles with rims from another church member but not sure on price. i plan on bobbing it but not sure i want to hack a perfectly good dropside or just find trailer.

Scarecrow1

The main thing to consider also is does it have a clear title. I have to agree on the milage it is really high for the price. I would use it as a bargaining chip. Like most things its a matter of what you really want and what you will use it for. Good luck........

Last edited:

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No title no deal in my book. Gauges are subjective, not definitive but you can use it to your advantage. 225 hours is low-ish so it's possible the engine is a rebuild. Some NG unit's I've worked with have the miles track the power terrain and the hours track the engine. All in all enjoy the deuce should you get it. :D

welldigger

4000 is not a bad price. The times of cheap deuces (-$2000) are quickly ending since the military has sold off or scrapped all but a few stragglers. Welcome to SS.

DieselBob

Congratulations on the purchase.:beer: Be sure to give the brake system a thorough going over. It's great to go driving but even better to be able to stop.