• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

about to start sandblasting what type of paint should i use

jjfricko

i have a 1971 m35a2 im about ready to sandblast the differentials i was wondering what type of paint i should use for the differentials and all of the under body work.
does anyone know what type of paint it is? and could i spray it with aerosol primer and then painting it with aerosol OD PAINT? would it look the same color?

the help is appreciated thanks!!

rivired

im also doin this same thing..but the entire truck..i would love to hear some advice on some super durable primers and paints and processes..im intending to use a spray gun tho for my ap.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use rattle cans and there are CARC replacements that match CARC paint very nicely. But it won't last very long. There just isn't enough pigment and hardeners in rattle can paint. Spray gun on some CARC would probably be the best option.

jjfricko

where can i get the spray gun carc paint and would what would i need to do to prepare the metal like what kind of primer etc...?

patch

I think I'd search in the paint/sandblast forum- lots of info there and you may want to set aside a couple hours to read it.....

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the vehicles I have painted over the years have been shot with Gillispie paint from RAPCO and I have had no fading problems and it also comes in spray cans for those without spray guns. just do the prep work right and do several thin coats.