• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About valves for biodiesel and WVO

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
During my first long distance test run with the dual fuel tank system a few months ago when I visited Kenny in Southern Florida, the valves started to malfunction. The valves that makes it possible to switch from diesel to bio and vise versa. I ended up running on the main tank for most of the trip.
The problem was very fine rust particles from the used tank that I had to work with. The rust particles got caught in the check valve disc and kept it from closing. Rust particles also got stuck in the fine passages within the precision machine tool valves that I had first picked out. Those valves were designed to channel part of the fluid to a "pilot valve" to help keep the valve open and thus reduce demands for electricity. Still have two of those valves in the return lines and they work well because the return fuel is filtered extensively.

Bottom line is that the "high tech" valves have now been replaced with a heavy duty dirt tolerant direct acting valve (image below). It requires about 20 amps to operate. The holding current is much less, but a 50 amp relay was installed to handle the operation. Sounds like a hammer blow when activated, love it!
It's mounted on a bracket to the inside of the frame of the deuce. The gizmo attached to the left is a fuel pressure switch.

Attachments

valves...

Neat...is this a valve meant for hydraulics?I can locally source small aluminum bodied solinoid valves normally used for switching hydraulics.(like you'd use with a snowplow etc.)
when i get the chance to complete an aux tank to run bio or svo,i'd like to use these valves as they are compact and light.
Do you nead viton seals and o-rings in these valves?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks