• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS brakes for the Deuce.

bugwhacker

1.) Install Disc brakes ( or not your choice )
2.) Install Hydra-Max booster ( or split your system with a dual system of your choosing )
3.) Install wheel sensors at each front axle end, install wheel sensors on each wheel end of the middle tandem
4.) Install 4s/4m ABS module ( a nice frame mount combination valve body one )
5.) Wire all 4 wheel sensors to the ABS module
6.) Install front/rear brake line from hydra-max booster to the 4s/4m ABS module
7.) Install front -right and front - left brake lines from the 4s/4m ABS module to the front left and right brakes
8.) Install rear - right brake line from the 4s/4m ABS module to the right middle and right rear axle brakes
9.) Install rear - left brake line from the 4s/4m ABS module to the left middle and left rear axle brakes
10.) Program 4s/4m ABS module for split coefficient braking

Last edited:

bugwhacker

Installing an ABS system makes the front / rear proportioning imbalance of the disc brake system not so much of a concern because the ABS system will take care of rear brake lock-up and allow full braking to the maximum amount of the traction allowed.

To install the tone ring on each wheel can be accomplished with a system just like they used on the 939 when they retrofitted them. The tone ring is attached to the back side of the wheel studs - this will work for drum brakes but for disc brakes like I plan to install the rotor will be in the way.

I think that for a disc brake package I will attach my tone rings to the new rear seal adapter for the hubs.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks