• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS light on

TroyHog

Severe Flooding here in southern Missouri! I texted my boss this morning - ME: Water is too high for company pickup across my driveway; its coming in the doors and sliding the front end sideways and I just barley got in it. My Boss: Do not take any chances. I am not fishing you out. Wait til water goes down. ME: Nah, I got this.Willow Springs-20130808-00913.jpg

Hey, do you guys know what I need to check out if the ABS light is staying on?

ichudov

I also had the ABS light on. I had to replace the ABS ECU. That solved it for me. I did attempt various troubleshooting steps to eliminate less expensive possibilities. What clued me in that my ABS ECU was bad, was that it kept blowing fuses. Replacement was $400 on ebay

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some pirahna bite through the cable? Army mechanics cut all the leads running through the firewall on mine. First thing to check is the 3 and 15 amp fuses. Maybe one of them blew and when everything is dried out all fixed? Hoping for you.

TroyHog

I may have got lucky, for once in my life (usually its all bad, ha). After the 30 minute commute to work - everyone at work thinks i'm insane by the way, i let it sit and dry out all day. After 5 i crawled up in her and hit the switches - nothing - stone dead.

After some trouble shooting - i figured out that some wise guy had taken the neg cable off the batteries. Anyway i hit the switches again - heard the normal clicking and the light went off. Was off the whole trip home anyway.

i know things in my world do not usually "fix themselves" but I'm hoping it had something to do with the water maybe? Thanks for all the help though, i'm sure i'll have to work on it sometime and now I know where to start.

Who is the resident winch pro? My truck is a marine corp truck - and I believe it is equipped with most all the winch stuff - minus the winch but I'm not sure. We have a take off Braden hydraulic winch off the front of a digger derrick truck at work that I may be able to buy with frame extensions - but I really don't know what I'm getting into.

Thanks all again

Troy

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't you just love it when thing fix themselves? Now if my 923 would fix itself and stop putting oil in the coolant and venting it out the surge tank tube.

jdknech

Troy- after fording water with your truck, make SURE to pull down your axles and check/re-pack your wheel bearings with grease sooner then later! I did not check mine for about a week after fording (less then 200 miles) and by then it was too late, and could only salvage 2 sets of bearings... and the other 4 sets i had to buy weren't cheap.. just a heads up from someone who learned the hard way..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks