• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC adapter in my M1009?

paramilusmc

So as most of you that own the M1009 Blazer, I don't have an AC adapter (cigarette lighter), however I do have a spot for one adjacent to the ash tray. Has anyone installed one in their M1009?

I would like to have the ability to run stuff off my truck, such as a spotlight, air compressor, cell phone charger, stuff like that.

Anyone know how to install one and where to hook it up too?

M1009 Fiend

I have the ac adapter but it isnt hooked up to anything.

Take a look, somewhere the wire for the "under dash lights" and the cigar lighter will be taped to the wiring harness even if the truck came without those items.-11Echo
I havent tried this yet but this was recommended to me on one of my posts.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just picked up a couple 12v sockets from a junk yard, no tools needed. Pop the ash tray out and unscrew the socket. I spent $30 and got a couple of sockets, 2 sets of dash speakers and brackets, 1 set of factory rear cab speakers for my M1008, jack, lug wrench, and a bunch of small misc parts.

paramilusmc

Well I got to the junk yard and got my adapter. Now I just need to wire it in. If anyone has wired one of these units in before where did you wire it too?

Or does everyone agree with what M1009 Fiend has said in his post above?