• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC for CUCV

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi everyone,

I just posted this in my other CUCV thread but wanted to give it additional visibility.

Hi Ambulancechser,

I've been researching all day. I've been looking at the Vintage Air site. I think a bracket can be fabricated to put a Vintage Air compressor above the passenger side alt. It would need to be slightly off toward the middle of the engine so you could use the same belt that drives the pas side alt. Look at the picture below, I don't think they have a bracket for the 6.2 but, one could be fabricated. Since I don't have a truck here, it's all theory. The bulk of the equipment ends up in the cab behind the dash. My goal is to keep the 24v system unmolested. The AC lines enter the cab next to the heater hoses.

I will keep everyone in the loop with regard to the AC & overdrive. If the bracket is viable I'll have additional ones made up.

You need to click on the download script below to see the pictures.

Take care,

Attachments