• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC Generator

sburns

Has anyone ever installed something like this on their deuce?

Blackbird mobile generator

Needs 3000-10000 RPM.

Or alternately bumped up their' alternator and run a couple of high wattage 24VDC - 120VAC inverters?

I am looking for AC generator type wattage without installing another engine and fuel supply on the vehicle.

Thanks
Scott...

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, that looks neat! i wonder how much it costs? I was thinkin about doing something like you are talking about, have 120VAC on my truck. I have a "Mechanical inverter" that my dad's friend gave me that works good. i dont know what to call it, but its basically a continous duty electric motor,directly connected to a generator. it only kicks on when you apply the 120VAC load. Its pretty neat! Rated for 1400 watts. Ill have to get the brand name of it and maybe they make a 24 volt deal. Only think maybe you would have to beef up your alternator? Thinking outloud the 24 volt 60 amp on the deuce now is like a 120amp on a 12 volt truck, so maybe you would be ok. The size the 12 volt unit i have is about 2 feet long and 9 inches in diameter. I'll get the info on mine and let you know! :-D

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i checked the info on my generator and the brand is a "redi-line". do a google search and it will come right up. they are sweet little generators. that might be the best option for your deuce. i stand corrected though, the unit in our garage is 1600 watts, not 1400 like i posted earlier. haha

stampy

I have a propane genset I am mounting in the underside of my 109 and have two 12v batteries that run the 2500w 120v Ac inverter....the genset has a 12v charger and I also have step down 12 from 24v in the cab(15 amps). What would you like to know.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks