• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

accessories ran off deuce air supply

F18hornetM

I am not sure what the CFM is from a deuce compressor, but I dont think its enough to run a media blaster or an air tool for very long. It takes it awhile to pump up its air tanks and they are small. Just my 2 cents worth.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Paint gun maybe, if its hvlp. Blaster, no way. Every tool has a cfm rating, you need to look at that and size your compressor accordingly.

If you are looking at getting a home compressor, you need at least 10cfm at 120psi, 15or more is better.

demonhunter77

Thank you guys. Looking at the shop compressors with 15 cfm. Seeing as how i just dropped 2 grand on parts for my deuce and want to spend about 2 more grand on wheel and tire upgrades, i guess i better rent a blaster compressor combo. You guys saved me some frustration. :) thanks again.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If you are looking, check ebay, craigslist or even GL for a champion compressor. I have been extreemly happy with mine. I don't see the value in buying new for one of the name brand compressors.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got the biggest compressor that Tractor Supply sells (the Boss Lady works there) and it has served me well. You can catch them on sale and watch for "Friends and Family" sales.

That being said media blasters are air hogs....even a big compressor will work to keep up with demand.

I have a small bench top blaster box for small stuff and I've blasted some small panels and other objects. If you are going to do a whole vehicle check around for guys that do mobile blasting.

You need a good vent system and other safety gear......you do not want to get silica into your lungs.

A duece will run a paint gun....we did it all the time in the Army to spot paint trucks. You will need an in line water filter to keep moisture out of the gun. You will also need a regulator to keep the volume constant. You can usually get them at NAPA or an automotive paint suppy house.

demonhunter77

I read your post wrong. Sorry sir. Lol. Would i be running the champion compressor alone or in tandem with air.from the glad hand on the deuce? My father (the sarge) donated the safety gear. No silica though. I was going to use soda.

Wreckerman----i will surely be looking out for those items at the auto parts store. Thanks.

welldigger

I read your post wrong. Sorry sir. Lol. Would i be running the champion compressor alone or in tandem with air.from the glad hand on the deuce? My father (the sarge) donated the safety gear. No silica though. I was going to use soda.

Wreckerman----i will surely be looking out for those items at the auto parts store. Thanks.
Soda may not cut through that paint. I'd be looking for walnut shell. Another media that has served me very well is play sand. Its cheap but you have to sift the gravel out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks