• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ACES II Diesel Fuel Catalyst

edpdx

I have been reading about Diesel Additives. Found some good info on this one. Anyone familiar with it? Is it effective. Where do you get it? How much does it cost?

Thaks,
Ed

rnd-motorsports

Yes they claim that to be good stuff. But have never used it. It was developed for military apps. about 40 years ago for use in multi fuel engines mainly and made avaliable to comercial and fleet services about 9 years ago. developed to deal with or improve the fuels ignition/combustion propertysand to clean pumps ,injectors and cylinders in multi fuel engines and to lube these said parts and becouse of the low sulf fues today has been made avaliable to fleets and comercial operations You can get it but I think they only sell it in cases of four gallons the one place I know is BnD Automotive at ExtremeDeiselPower.com or call 440-821-9040 they are in Sagamore Hills ,OH.:beer:

edpdx

So no one has seen this stuff at a parts store, 4x shop or truck stop? Huh! I wonder why distribution is so limited if the product is so beneficial to the many older diesel engines still in use? :|

rnd-motorsports

I would guess its becouse lucas and power service is cheaper not sure but I have never seen it in parts store or truck stops for that matter either? maybe becouse not many multi fuel trucks or engines what it was developed for in puplic use :?:

Jake0147

That one has just been done in the Alternative Fuels area fairly recently. Garbage of the worst kind. It's an emulsifier (bad, bad news), and hype of the worst kind too. I don't care if it was good, it should be boycotted if for no other reason than for insulting your intelligence as you read about the magic.

A quick MSDS check shows it to be an emulsifier no different than what you get in dozens of other brands. Those are the type you don't want anywhere near your trucks. If you need shmutz, find a DEmulsifier (Stanadyne and Power Services flagship products are examples).

edpdx

Alright Jake, I was wondering about this stuff as I read the hype sheet- it sounded like that bottle of soap from Dr. Bonner's Does EVERYTHING!drbronnerpeppermintsoapsz0.jpg.

So anyone object to treating every fill? What frequency works best and what treatment is the best available. I have read that using additives like motor oil, trans fluid and bio diesel help lube; but if there is a solution that involves simply keeping a bottle under the seat to dump in at fill time, that would be my kind of solution.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks