• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

add-on filters

What type add on filters do you all like, for the transmission, fuel and power steering? My power steering may end up having to power my winch.
I did get four fuel filter off the evil-bay. Bought a couple oil filters. Looking into these other filters, as I want everything to last awhile.
Do any of the transmission filters allow you to loose the original one?

1956_4x4

What type add on filters do you all like, for the transmission, fuel and power steering? My power steering may end up having to power my winch.
I did get four fuel filter off the evil-bay. Bought a couple oil filters. Looking into these other filters, as I want everything to last awhile.
Do any of the transmission filters allow you to loose the original one?
I added a Perma-Cool remote transmission filter kit on my '56. The '56 has a th400 in it and the kit does not allow the removal of the factory filter (not that I would want to remove it). A Wix 51515 filter replaces the Perma-Cool filter when it comes time for a filter change. The filter housing does have a hole for a temperature sending unit.

Smitty

1956_4x4

Would the perma-cool work in the power steering? Seems like it would.
Where can I find a glass sediment bowl filter for the fuel?
I'm not too sure about installing a filter for the power steering. Any type of restriction will have an impact on both the steering and the brakes. I'd lean more toward flushing the fluid on a scheduled basis, but that's just me...

As far as the fuel filter, there was a thread a short while back by someone that switched their brick style filter over to a regular commercial style and I think there was a clear sediment bowl on the assembly. You might try a search on the subject. I plan on keeping my stock assembly until I run into a problem with it.

Smitty

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks