• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

add on value of a box van (communications)

bugei

most of the dueces selling have either "flat beds" or bows, covers and troop seats. what is the "change in value" for a communications box van? up? down? the same? (this one has the electrical, but not the desks, etc.)

i may need a second duece because my one is lonely.

thanx
dan

acetomatoco

Usually not much of a premium for the M109.. unless it is modified into a General's Office or similar...They are heavy and ungainly get lower fuel mileage because of the big flat front.. My experience would say not more than 500$ either way... The winch, hardtop, single tires, heater, air ride seat, air shift axle, composite lights and air assist steering are what folks are looking for ...

Michael

I would say that they are worth less, but not by much. A significant percentage of those sold at GL have the box removed and a flat bed put on them. On the plus side, they don't seem to see as much use.

nattieleather

The only value I see in them is if you do community service type work like citizen corps or ARC then you might have a need for a mobile command post or EOC. For collectors the only advanatge one would have over the cargo truck is you have the start of a really cool camper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks