• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Add pto to M818?

wbv

What would be involved to add a rear pto (as in the 816) to an M818 tractor? I would like to be able to run a hydraulic pump from it.

Thanks..........

CCATLETT1984

Tthe wrecker has the pto bolted to the transfer case, should fit the same on the tractor. The pump the wrecker uses is driven by a short shaft and is mounted on a cross-member, dont know if that would fit on the tractor or not.

The m816 parts truck I have the tranfer case pto runs all the time no way to shift it in or out of gear the gear box that it go's to is what shifts in or out of gear I bought a transfer case pto from Memphis equipment $1400 rebuilt that does shift in or out of gear I plan to use it to mount a winch

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you need that double sided pto unit like in a dumper w/w one shaft forward and one shaft facing rearward. kinda hard to find and usually over 500.00

wbv

Is that the same way the midship pto is operated on the 815 bolster truck? Never seen one of them for sale