• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added Air Coupler

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Modified my emergency air line by adding an air coupler to supply my 3/4" impact (IR 258) . I left the stock shut off valve at the frame and added another just before the gladhand.

scooter01922

Nice, hate to be a wet blanket but wouldn't it have been easier to just attach a gladhand hookup to your air setup? Thats what i did, works great.

grounded

Banned
one of them DOOOHHHHH!!!!!!! moments

looks good though. i made a glad hand hook up. Also put a T right in right by the air tanks. which also works great if i wanta work on it and not start it to air up tanks i plug it right into the air compressor

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could have been just as easy but I had couplers but no extra gladhands.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job on that. One gladhand adapter works on every truck. A bit easier than hard plumbing a whole fleet.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yup. just make sure you got 1 for each truck or you will always leave that one in the other truck rofl

That's easy for me, my fleet consists of one M35 and two CUCVs, so I know right where it's at all of the time!

reloader64

My M35 had an outlet under the dash. Since I have 1 MV, a coupler, and no gladhand adapter, I put mine under the dash. I tested it with my impact wrench, and I can take lug nuts off with it.

Scott

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think all M35s have that outlet, and I installed a smaller coupler there for inflating tires and such. I'm using 50' of 1/2" id hose on my impact and I was concerned about the weight on the coupler beneath the dash so I installed the larger industrial coupler on 1/2" steel pipe in the vertical position in the back.

scooter01922

I too was concerned about the weight of a bunch of 1/2 air hose and the space it would take up in the toolbox. Solved the issue slightly differently. Got a gladhand hookup with a quick connect, to that i hook 25 feet of 1/4 inch airline. Between the gladhand and the fitting under the dash i can't imagine not being able to reach where i need air with 25 feet of hose. Added another quick connect to the far end of the hose for obvious switching of air accesories. Then for running the air impact i got a 5 gal portable air tank. Removed the stock 1/4 fittings and threaded in 1/2 hardware as that is what the tank is actually tapped for. A couple fittings so i can quick connect the 1/4 airline to it and then about 4 feet of 1/2 airline connected to my impact gun. The result is that i have 5 gal of air at my disposal with only 4 feet of 1/2 line and a couple 1/2 fittings so i'm getting great volume to the gun. Give the tank a couple seconds to recharge after each lugnut and its like they aren't even tight. Boatcarpenter can attest to its effectiveness. Removed all the front lugnuts off the parts truck that has been sitting many, many years in less than a min with no effort at all.

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Certainly no shortage of good ideas here. Probably would have gone the gladhand route if I had any spares. We'll see how this holds up and may or may not make modifications.

roscoe

Wow, this is a timely post. I was just looking into doing this the past weekend. Put a quick connect on the one under the dash and was considering what to do with the gladhand hookup. Thanks for the info.

tm america

i have a quick coupler on my inside hook up and i have a 50 ft hose setup to run on the gladhand .it has a quick coupler on it to so i can run an impact air up tires or whatever else i need to do . as far as running a 3/4 inch impact dont think there is enough volume with the stock air system on the deuce.mine will run a 3/8 impact good but a 1/2 inch impact really drains the tanks fast

scooter01922

With my setup it runs the 3/4 inch gun with no issues at all. If i was running a smaller gun i prob would have skipped the additional 5 gal tank. I wanted to be sure that no matter where i was or what the situation i would be able to get those darned lugnuts off so i went overkill a little. The bottleneck here is that there are fittings inline in the truck that are only 3/8 so no matter how big the line you run off the gladhand it still has to pass those 3/8 spots. Its a moot point if you have a secondary tank like i do as there are no volume restriction points. Just have to give the tank a few seconds to recharge and you are good to go again.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same setup as Scooter has. I have a remote tank with about 10' of half inch hose and with adequate recovery time I can run my 1" impact no problem. Thinking I'm going to need a Jobox for the truck. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brainstorm just hit while typing this thread. Looked out back and saw my Contact Maintenance Truck. That body would be cool on a bobbed deuce!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks