• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Adding OEM A/C to a M1097R2

stucazz74

Hello all. I am in the process of buying my second HMMWV. The first one proved too costly to restore . So now I have a donor M1097R1 to pull parts from. The one I am looking to purchase was not born with A/C, however the donor was. So I am looking to use the components from the donor to add A/C to the new one. How hard is this and what do I need be aware of to do it? Same engines on both, 6.5L Non-Turbo. Is this as simple as swapping the components from one to the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might suggest you have a moderator move this thread over to the HMMWV thread versus this restoration thread. You would have probably had a bunch of replies by now. Just not getting seen by the right people here. @Guyfang

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all. I am in the process of buying my second HMMWV. The first one proved too costly to restore . So now I have a donor M1097R1 to pull parts from. The one I am looking to purchase was not born with A/C, however the donor was. So I am looking to use the components from the donor to add A/C to the new one. How hard is this and what do I need be aware of to do it? Same engines on both, 6.5L Non-Turbo. Is this as simple as swapping the components from one to the other? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the SS forums!!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the donor vehicle's model and serial#
Are the condenser/s in the rear fender/s

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also does the R1 have a 3 speed or a 4 speed?
Especially if it has a 3 speed have you ever considered using the R1 to restore the A2 truck? Again if the R1 has a three speed there is allot more to be desired in the A2 truck, Of course I have no idea what the condition of the A2 truck is in.
Please post some pics!!